Memories of the Game
Picture of game played in circa 1940. There were three diamonds in city park known as Father Crowley Playground. Clockwise they ran 1) Harriet & Harrison, 2) Harriet & Bryant, 3) Bryant mid-block between Harriet & 7th. Pictured here is the main diamond at Harriet & Harrison (referred to as Harrison in Sunday bookings), a portion of which is now site of Hall of Justice at 850 Bryant Street. Tall buildings in far background are downtown buildings to the north. Diamond no. 2 referenced above was referred to as Bryant in Sunday bookings and diamond no. 3 was closer to the Clubhouse and so named.